The Story and the Entrant:
1. Stories should be up to 3,000 words on any theme or subject.
2. All entrants must be aged 16 or over at the time of entry.
3. Entries must be written in English.
4. You may only submit your own work, for which you hold the copyright. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
5. By submitting your entry, you grant Five Stop Stories Ltd the non-exclusive global right and licence to publish the story, if the story is successful in the competition. A story which is "successful in the competition" is a story chosen as winner, runner up or honorary mention.
6. By submitting your entry you confirm that you are able to grant such rights to Five Stop Stories Ltd.
7. Five Stop Stories Ltd will have the right to publish the stories of the winners, runners up and honorary mentions on this website and on the Five Stop Story mobile application.
8. Your story must not contain anything that is obscene, blasphemous, libellous, or otherwise unlawful, and must not infringe any existing copyright or any rights of any person.
9. Authors retain the copyright of their work and will be credited as the author of their stories.
10. The winner of each quarterly competition will receive a prize of £100.
11. Two runners up will receive prizes of £10 each quarter.
12. The winner, two runners up and up to 17 honorary mentions will be published on the website and the Five Stop Story mobile application.
13. The winner of the 2012 Five Stop Story author league table will win £50. This author is the person who scores highest in the league table. In the event of a draw, the money will be split between authors with equal scores.
14. Other than the prize money stated above, there will not be further payments or royalties paid to writers for publication on the website and app.
How to enter:
15. Entry is £5 for one entry, £9 for two entries, £12 for three entries, £14 for four entries and £15 for five entries.
16. Payment is via PayPal. We do not accept cheques.
17. All entries should be submitted through the entry form on our website. If you have any problems with the form, please email email@example.com.
18. The closing date for each quarterly competition is midnight GMT on the last day of the quarter (31st March, 30th June, 30th September, 31st December.)
19. Failure to observe these rules will result in disqualification.
If you have any questions about these terms please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.